Happy Good Friday Everyone! We made it to the weekend and I hope you are getting a day off work today! I haven’t done a favorites post in a while, so I wanted to share some of my current obsessions with you and tell you why I am in love with them! Of course, most of them have to do with running because right now that’s all my life revolves around! But, I’ll throw in a few others too! more “Friday Favorites”
Hello Everyone! Happy Friday the 13th!
I liked the Friday Favorites post that I did a couple weeks ago, and I thought that I might start doing that more often. So, today I am sharing with you some of my favorite random things from this week.
First up, is this dog in a basket at Walmart. I thought this was hilarious! It was an old man and lady, and I watched the woman wipe the basket out with a sanitized wipe and then lay a blanket in there before she set the dog in it. The dog just sat there while they shopped. (I followed them around, like a creeper, trying to get a good picture, but this was all I could get.) I guess if I could, I would take Jake with me. He would probably really like riding in the basket!
Next is the Veteran’s Day ceremony. I was extremely proud to stand next to my papa while he was being honored.
Spending time with my best friend! We have such busy lives that we rarely get to see each other. So, I love the times we get to hang out and catch up! No matter how much time passes, we always pick up right where we left off. I guess that’s the great thing about having true friends, they are just as happy to see you as you are them!
The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week! It has been in the 60’s and sunny. Jake has loved his long walks! Both of us just want to be outside!
I loved these Bai5 waters that I tried this week. The flavor is so strong, and sometimes I like something other plain water. Another bonus is that they are packed full of antioxidants!
I am obsessed with a couple of new songs this week. And, they are complete opposites! I have been listening to the new Adele song and also Lean On.
Hope you have a great weekend!
My top 5 favorite things – I decided to make a list of the top 5 things in my life that I enjoy the most. Here it is:
- Pinterest – I am so addicted to Pinterest. I will spend hours on here just browsing for anything that looks interesting. I have found so many good tips for baking, cleaning, and just life. I love all the motivational quotes. I also have found tons of recipes, and it has made preparing healthy meals easier. Plus, it makes meal planning easier so I can try new things. I can just tell my husband to look at my boards and pick something out! I also love all the workouts that I find. It’s fun to try something new so I don’t get bored. Pinterest helps me to be more creative. I love doing crafty things, but I can’t come up with things on my own.
- Kindle App – I love to read! But I hate carrying a book around with me. I really like that I can read on my phone, so I always have it with me. When I get into a book, I will read anywhere I am. It’s just so convenient to have on my phone. I can read when I’m traveling, or at ballgames (I get bored), or just laying in bed. And a bonus is that I can borrow EBooks from my public library and read them in the Kindle App.
- Fitbit – This is the greatest thing ever invented! My aunt got me a Fitbit One a couple of years ago. I love it! This helps keep me active. If I look at it during the day, and I don’t have many steps then I know I need to get up and do something. Plus, I love the challenges that you can do with friends, and I love the leader board. I am very competitive, so if I’m not at the top of my friend list, then I will go walking or running to try and get more steps in. Another feature that I like is that it tracks my sleep. This helps me to see how many hours I actually get each night. And, it connects to My Fitness Pal app, so that steps factor into my calorie count each day. It’s also handy that it is water resistant. My old one has actually been through the washer, and it worked just fine afterwards. Lately, I have been seeing a lot of people with the Fitbit bracelet. I don’t like to wear bracelets, so I really like my One so I can clip it on anywhere. I like how this syncs with my phone, so I can always keep track of my steps and go back and look at what I did on certain days. Fitbit also sends a weekly progress report and I like to be able to see if I had more steps or less than the week before.
- Running shoes – This is a given. When I started running, I just ran in any kind of tennis shoes I had. When I got more serious about it, I went and got fitted for good shoes. I have been running in Brooks ever since, and I LOVE them. They make my runs so much easier, and they are so comfortable. I never feel like I have to break them in. They always fit perfectly. I wear the Brooks Ravenna. I need the extra support and cushion that they provide. I also like that they come in all different colors. I have tried a couple of other brands, mainly because they were a little cheaper, or because a friend recommended them, but I have never found any that fit as good as Brooks. I am very loyal to the brand, and I will always wear Brooks. Run Happy!
- Hair dryer – This one is probably silly, but it’s a big deal to me! I am not a morning person, so it takes me a long time to get ready anyways. I am just very slow when I first wake up. I used to use hair dryers from Wal-Mart and it would take me at least 30 minutes to dry my hair. I have a ton of hair! So I would have to get up 30-45 minutes earlier than I do now, just so I would have time to dry my hair. Then a few years ago, Jeremy got tired of me griping about how long it took, and he had my hairdresser order me a good hair dryer. She got me a Rusk Speed Freak hair dryer. It dries my hair in 10 minutes or less! This is a HUGE improvement! Now I can sleep a little later, and I don’t dread having to dry my hair anymore. This was one of the best gifts I ever got!
What are your favorite things?