Eclipse, Lots of Eats, and A Busy Weekend

Hey Everyone!  I had a busy week and there was not much working out.  This week flew by and I spent this morning catching up on some sleep!  Now that I’m rested, I’ve been catching up on some work today and getting ready for this next week.  But, before we get to that, here’s what my last week looked like.  

Monday morning I tried out a new to me yogurt that I found over the weekend.  It was really good!  It was thick like a custard and had a sweet fruit filling on the bottom.  I think it would be more like a dessert though.  It’s pretty low in protein, so I will probably eat it for a late night snack or dessert when I want something sweet.

Of course I watched the solar eclipse.  We had an 80% coverage and it was cool!  It got really still outside and the temp dropped a lot!

After that, I had to run and check on my mom’s cats because she was out of town. I was planning on running in quickly and leaving…..but the cat’s had other plans for me.  One of them missed the litter box (and I know it was on purpose) – and went all over the house!  I was not very happy that I had to scrub the carpet. 

When I finally got home, I did some leg lifts and an ab circuit. 

I didn’t do a meal prep post this week because on Sunday I made two crock pots full of an old recipe. I made crock pot chicken and peppers for tacos.  I just made extras so I could have some for lunch all week.  

I seasoned one pot with my new organic Mexican adobo seasoning from Swanson Vitamins. I was really excited about the package of goodies they sent me over the weekend. 

I took that melatonin all week and loved it!! I have never tried it before, but after trying it this week, I will never go without it again!  I have such a hard time winding down at night, going to sleep, and staying asleep. I slept better this week than I ever have! 

For lunch on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I ate chicken with peppers, onions, avocado, and salsa.

My dinner Monday night was chicken tacos. 

Tuesday morning started with a 100 calorie English muffin with turkey sausage and a 1/4 of a piece of cheddar cheese. 

I did another ab circuit today and that was it. My foot was hurting pretty bad so I just took it easy and kept it propped up. I spent the evening watching Bachelor in Paradise from Monday night and then Tuesday’s show too.  This season is pretty funny!  

I didn’t have much of an appetite at dinner tonight. Nothing sounded good. When my stomach started growling I finally prowled around the kitchen to find something to eat. I settled on a hot turkey and Swiss sandwich with mashed avocado. 

I started Wednesday with some overnight oats. I guess I burned myself out on yogurt last week because it didn’t sound good at all. My oats has almond milk, blueberries, flaxseed, and organic honey from Swanson

My workout today was not great. I seriously only spent about 20 minutes lifting and that was it.  But it made me feel good to at least do something. 

We had hamburger helper for dinner tonight. Definitely not my favorite, but Jeremy loves it so I make it for him every now and then. He had stopped to get some milk on the way home and he also came home with some cinnamon rolls. We shared one for dessert. 

We spent the evening watching Last Man Standing.  I went to bed pretty early because I had to get up really early on Thursday. 

Thursday morning I got up at 4:30.  I had a doctor’s appointment in Norman at 8 with an orthopedic doctor.  It’s a little over an hour drive for me, and if I hit traffic, it would take longer.  I wanted to make sure I wasn’t late and I didn’t have to rush.  I left home around 6:30 and took an RX bar and some Spark to have on the way. 

I turned up my radio and jammed to 90’s on 9 on my XM radio.  I forget how much I love the 90’s!  LOL

My appointment didn’t go as I had hoped.  I got some bad news about my foot.  You can read all about it here

I got home before lunch.  After having chicken tacos for dinner Sunday and Monday night and lunch the last three days, I was ready for something new.  I had a sandwich on Sara Lee 45 calorie bread with PB2 and low sugar grape jelly and some grapes. 

After having the doctor push on my foot and twist and turn it, it was feeling awful!  I spent the rest of the day with it propped up trying to stop the pain. 

When Jeremy got home, we picked a lot of stuff out of the garden, including the first watermelon! 

I ate breakfast for dinner and went to bed before 9!

Friday I had to go back to Norman for an MRI.  My appointment wasn’t until that afternoon so at least I didn’t have to get up that early again.  I had a Kind mini bar for breakfast.  This week I didn’t have much of an appetite.  I don’t know if it was the stress from worrying about my foot, or the actual pain from it, but I just wasn’t very hungry all week. 

My appointment felt like it took forever – it was almost an hour and 45 minutes!   The last time I had an MRI, I was able to wear my own clothes.  I just had to wear shorts.  Not here!  They gave me a huge gown.

And these hilarious “shorts” which were more like capris because they were so big!

They had to put my foot in a little box and pack padding all around it to keep it still.  It had to be flexed up against a metal box and I had to lay like that for what felt like hours!  It killed me! 

When I left there, I stopped by my cousin’s house to hang out for a couple of hours.  They have been busy all summer and we’ve not been able to see each other in a couple of months. 

When I got home, I quickly cleaned my house and guest room because one of Jeremy’s umpiring buddies was in town for a tournament and he was coming to stay the night with us.  I was glad that I got that over with and didn’t have to do it over the weekend.  

Jeremy’s uncle and aunt, Bill and Sandra, were in town this weekend and we all went to Rib Crib for dinner.  We started with chips, salsas, queso, and we tried their guacamole for an appetizer.  The guacamole was okay.  It was really cold like it had been frozen.  I like mine a little more creamy.  For my meal, I ordered a sandwich with smoked chicken and a side salad. 

I always order that sandwich because I only like the chicken (not the bread – it’s kind of gummy – which is weird??) and it’s cheaper to order that than a dinner with the chicken and sides that I won’t eat, or even just the chicken by itself.  Plus, for the last month I’ve been eating it for free!  I signed up for their email club and my welcome gift was a free sandwich and I can use it as many times as I want! 

After dinner we went home and waited on Jeremy’s friend to get there.  I sat up with them until about 11 before I finally went to bed.  They will sit for hours talking baseball.  (His friend used to play for the Yankees!)

Saturday morning we were up early!  We went to an auction.  It was for a relative on Jeremy’s side of the family.  He isn’t able to live by himself anymore, so they were having an auction to sell all of his stuff.  It was kind of sad, and I felt really bad for him sitting there watching everything be sold. 

We stayed all day until it was over.  Jeremy did get a new smoker for $60!  (The auctioneer brought it.)  It was brand new in the box!  I can’t wait to try it out!

When that was over, Sandra and I went to get my grocery shopping done.  Then she cut the watermelon.  

Then, we got ready to go to dinner.  We went to a Mexican restaurant in town.  I ordered a Taco Al Pastor and I did have a sopapilla!  🙂

After dinner we stopped at our town’s street fest that was going on and watched a little bit of Little Texas.  They were okay, not what I remember listening to when I was growing up.  The lead singer was not the original and he did a lot more yelling than singing.  We only stayed for three songs and went home. 

This morning, we went over to my father-in-law’s and Jake carried his bone all the way across the street.  

Sandra and I cooked lunch.  We made hamburger steaks, fried okra, fried potatoes, and hot rolls.  I made myself some baked chicken and steamed broccoli.  I bought a package of pre-seasoned southwestern chicken breasts.  It was really good and super easy to cook! 

I am planning on doing some kind of workout later tonight.  It will probably be an ab circuit or more arms.  Then I’m going to prep my lunches for this week.  I love having everything ready when Monday comes!  I hope you all have a great day! 

For this weekly update I’m linking up with Holly of HoHo Runs and Tricia of MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

18 thoughts on “Eclipse, Lots of Eats, and A Busy Weekend

  1. Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner

    I kept hearing them announcing at the grocery store today that they just got in Oui yogurt. How was it? Does it have a lot of sugar? Inquiring minds need to know 🙂

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      The yogurt was good. It was thick and sweet. It’s really for dessert. It only had 5 grams of protein and 15 grams of sugar! But, it was different and I will eat it when I am craving something sweet.

  2. Kimberly G

    I’ve been intrigued by that yogurt and wondering what it would taste like – thanks for your thoughts on it! I love all of your eats for this week too!

    So sorry to hear about your foot 🙁 The only good thing is that now you have a correct diagnosis and can do what is necessary to let it heal.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      You should try that yogurt! It’s awesome! I do feel a relieved now that I have a doctor that can tell me what to do going forward. I’m ready to get a plan and start the healing!

  3. Kimberly Hatting

    That’s a total bummer about your foot….hope all things go well. The eclipse was pretty epic, though, that at least gave you a bright spot (no pun intended) for the week. Take care 😉

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      LOL I liked the “pun”. It was pretty awesome! I had a friend that went to Kansas and saw the total eclipse. She said it was awesome! Have a great week!

  4. Teresa

    I’ve seen that yogurt in my grocery store recently ….I will have to try it as I love yogurt!! What in the world is wrong with your foot??? I’ve been out of the loop now for a couple of weeks so I’ll have to jump over to your other post and see what’s up. Hope you get good results from the MRI.
    That watermelon though! Impressive!

    Thanks for linking up …have a great week! 🙂

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      I’ve tried the blueberry, lemon, and peach of that yogurt and they are all great! I bought some coconut and strawberry to try this week. I was pretty surprised that we grew that watermelon! I hope they all turn out that good! Thanks for reading!

  5. Lesley

    I haven’t heard of that yogurt. I have Oikos in my fridge but I also got burnt out on it. It’s hard to get protein for breakfast, but I know yogurt is a good source.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      I do have a hard time with breakfast, especially when I don’t have time to cook something. I like yogurt and protein bars but I will eat one until I’m tired of it before I switch. lol I guess I need to mix it up more.

  6. Coco

    It sounds like you had quite a busy week. I would have been attempted to take a selfie sitting on that stool!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      LOL I really thought about it, and I really wanted to. But I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to move fast enough if they came in..and then I would have been embarrassed! That would have been awesome though! I may try to sneak one at my next appointment. 🙂

  7. AmyC

    Most of us have ignored the warning signs and pushed our bodies too hard. Hopefully now that you have a doctor who knows what he’s doing, you will start the recovery process. (I can’t believe the other office never called you back!).

    We had breakfast for dinner the other night and I think my body actually liked it. I felt much lighter when I went to bed, but not hungry!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      That’s exactly how I feel when I eat breakfast for dinner! I love it! I usually have it at least one night a week, sometimes a lot more. I am so ready to start recovering and get past this!

  8. Zenaida Arroyo

    Your mom’s cats are cute! Umm, I don’t really think he missed the cat litter on purpose. Well, maybe, kind of. He was probably stressed and missing your mom.

    I am a fan of melatonin. I take some from NOW but lately I haven’t been sleeping too well. I think it is because I went back to work and have been stressed about it.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      The cat on the table is cute. The other one is the devil! LOL I’m sure she’s the one who did it and yes it was definitely on purpose! She waited until I cleaned the litter box and as soon as I was done she jumped in there and used it. She is not very nice! I am in love with the melatonin. I don’t know why I’ve never tried it before. It’s the best thing ever! 🙂 I hope everything at work calms down and you can stop being so stressed and get some better sleep.

  9. Nicola @ Running Happy

    How great that you were able to see the eclipse. I managed to see a full eclipse last time it happened in England and it was pretty amazing. All the birds went quiet!

    Glad you have got a diagnosis for your foot. You now know what’s wrong and have a time scale for how long it will take to heal so you can concentrate on that. Don’t be too disappointed about your half in November, you will be able to run it in the future! We sometimes forget how much our feet do for us!

  10. Shathiso

    That’s a decent sized watermelon!! So sorry to hear about your foot xxx

Comments are closed.