Hello June!

Hey guys!  Happy June!  I hope you all had a great week!  I had kind of a slow week.  I didn’t feel 100% so working out and running was a bit of a struggle.  I left off my last recap last Saturday.  So we’ll pick up on Sunday and get you all caught up on what’s been happening in my life this week!

On Sunday we got up early-ish and headed to Jeremy’s aunt and uncle’s farm.  A lot of the family was there and we went to spend the day with them.  Once everyone ate lunch, we headed out on the four wheelers.  We drove around for a while looking at the damage that the storms had caused. 

After that, we went back to the house and Macy and I made some cookies.  They had all healthy ingredients in them and are very low calorie.  They were pretty good!  We also had a little help from little F.  She had a blast measuring everything and stirring it all together. We may have had a huge mess to clean up when we got done, but it was worth it!

Later in the afternoon, we went fishing.  I fished for about 10 minutes and didn’t get a single bite.  Jeremy threw his out once and caught this! 

We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening just hanging out, talking, and having fun! 

Monday morning when I woke up, I was feeling a little sick.  My stomach just felt like it wasn’t settled.  I figured it was something that I ate the day before.  It took me about 2 hours before I felt like I could eat anything.  I had a piece of toast and some Spark and then tried to workout.  I made it about 25 minutes before my stomach got upset again.  I spent the next few hours working on some freelance stuff and when my stomach finally felt settled again, I tried to finish my workout.  I made it 30 minutes this time before I had to stop.  It was getting a little frustrating because I didn’t feel bad or achy, my stomach just hurt.  Jake wasn’t liking this because he wanted to go for a walk. 

Later in the afternoon I had a smoothie with frozen strawberries, peaches, and a little bit of protein powder.  

I sipped on it for a while and then headed out for a run.  I was a little leery if I should even attempt it, but I thought why not.  I made it almost 3 miles before I started feeling sick again and very wheezy. 

I went home and sipped on some ginger ale until I went to bed.  I couldn’t even eat any dinner. 
Tuesday morning I woke up feeling about the same.  I still had no appetite, and my stomach still didn’t feel very good.  I was starting to think maybe I was getting or already had a mild stomach bug.  I had some errands to run, and as the day went on I felt worse. I stopped by my parent’s to help my mom with something on her computer.  Her cat was not sure what I was doing, or just didn’t like me being there.  🙂

Then I went across the street to my grandparents and my grandma loaded me up with some homemade cookies!  (I ate one, but my stomach wasn’t happy about it.)

I sipped on ginger ale all day and by that evening I finally started feeling a little better.  Or at least my stomach felt more settled.  I had been planning a circuit workout and maybe a run later in the evening when it cooled off, but I decided against that.  Since I was starting to feel better, I didn’t want to upset my stomach again.  I did go for a two mile walk with Jake but that was it. I had an apple and some PB2 for a snack. 

When Jeremy got home, we drove our new golf cart over to our neighbors to see their new baby.  He’s only a few days old and he was precious.  I didn’t get very close just in case I had some kind of bug.  But, he was adorable from afar!

At dinner time I was actually kind of hungry.  Jeremy grilled some small fillets and he got some of the bacon wrapped chicken for me.  I made us some baked potatoes.  I was able to eat a half of a sweet potato, and one of the pieces of chicken.  It was sooo good!

When I woke up Wednesday my stomach felt a little better and I was super hungry!  I had some eggs and Spark for breakfast and then did a 25 minute Fitness Blender ab workout.  Lunch today was a piece of leftover chicken and the other half of my sweet potato.  

I spent most of the day working on posts and freelance stuff.  Then I did some strength training.  I spent 30 minutes doing squats, planks, lunges, pushups, and some more crunches. 

When Jeremy got home we took Jake on a walk and then I headed out for a slow run.  I ran 3 miles – very slowly.  I found this shape of Oklahoma in the road.  I’ve been running past it for years, and never noticed it.  I thought it was pretty cool!

Thursday morning I got up and got ready to run.  I had a banana and some chocolate PB2 and Spark

Then I headed to the park to run 5 miles.  Since today was June 1st, I started a challenge from Simply Taralynn.  The challenge is to get 150 miles in June.  You can do this by walking or running.  It was overcast, but it was stinkin humid!  It was making it really hard to breathe and I was ready to be done, so I ran a little faster.  When I finished, I looked like I had been caught in a downpour.  I was soaked with sweat and had it dripping off me! 

I made it home just in time.  It started pouring and rained most of the day.  Jake wanted to go out in it so badly!

Lunch was a salad with some leftover chicken and steak.    

Once it finally quit raining, I took Jake on a mile walk. 

Thursday night I was miserable.  I guess I got into something when we rode four wheelers on Sunday.  I had a small rash on my arm that up until today, looked kind of like a couple of big bug bites.  But, after I ran, I noticed that as the day went on, that it was spreading like crazy down my arm and it itched soooo bad!  I also started noticing that my throat was feeling really tight and dry, so with the rash spreading and that I decided that I better go to the doctor.  I didn’t sleep much during the night because it itched so bad and nothing was helping.  

Friday morning I got up early and headed to the doctor’s office.  When I got up, it was huge!  It had whelped up into hives and had blisters all over them.  And it was all down my arm, and a few on my chest, one on my knee, and one in my hair line.  Sorry- I know it’s gross!  It’s gross for me to look at it!!!  It looked like poison ivy, but I have never been allergic to it.  Seriously, I could roll in it and nothing happens.  We took our engagement pictures standing in the middle of a poison ivy patch because the red leaves were so pretty.  And nothing happened!

They got me right in and the nurse asked me if I had any other symptoms.  I was a little confused because isn’t the monster hives and blisters on my arm enough to be able to determine what’s wrong?  She asked if I had had an upset stomach, nausea, difficulty breathing, tightness in my chest or throat? Check, check, check, and check….all of the above!

The only thing that I am allergic to that could have caused this is cedar.  It’s been a long time since I’ve had a rash from that, and this one looked different, so my doctor didn’t say for certain that’s what it was.  But, apparently everything I had been feeling all week was caused by this ridiculous rash.  I got a shot and some cortisone cream and that helped tremendously! Warning:  The next picture is of the worst one, and it’s after the shot and I promise it looks 100 times better than it did. If you don’t want to look at it, scroll really fast!!   

She also told me to not get sweaty.  She said that’s what made it spread so much on Thursday.  So, that meant no run today.  🙁  I did take Jake on 4 different walks so I could get in my miles for the walking challenge.  He loved every one of them! 

I may have also taken a 2 hour nap! 🙂  That never happens, so I must have been tired.  

Friday evening, Jeremy and I went to our taco joint.  I had been craving some fish tacos.  I ordered three, but couldn’t even finish two! 

Saturday morning I got up, had some Spark, and did a 30 minute circuit workout.  Then we got ready and headed to Oklahoma City.  We were going to Macy’s dance recital at 6.  We ran into Del Taco for a quick bite to eat while we did a little shopping.  I had 2 chicken street tacos.  They were pretty tasty!  I’m not sure what the sauce on there was, but I really liked the avocado and cilantro.  They were both super fresh.  

That was around 1:30.  While we were shopping, Jeremy’s uncle called and said all the family was meeting for dinner at 4:30 at Ted’s (it’s a mexican restaurant) before the show.  We weren’t very hungry so we picked a small meal to share.  It had a single serving of nachos (which was like 5 chips), and a mini quesadilla.  We shared that and some guacamole, and then they have complimentary sopapillas.  Who’s going to turn that down?  

The recital was amazing!  Macy is such an amazing dancer!  Every time I watch her, I’m more and more impressed!  

Ignore my puffy eyes from this stupid allergic reaction! I didn’t realize how bad they looked till I saw this picture! :0

We got home around 10 and caught up on Married at First Sight.  I’m really liking this season so far!

Sunday morning, Jake was up before the sun and he was not going back to bed.  He sat at my side of the bed and stared at me until I got up.  I tried several times to put him back in his bed so I could get just a little more sleep, but he wasn’t having it.  I finally gave up and got up with him.  I told Jeremy that I was going to walk him and run him several times today to wear him out.  So far, he’s been on two walks and one of them I made him run the entire time.

 We went and did our grocery shopping, and I ate some chocolate cheerios and had some Spark before heading out for a run.  I ran 3 miles and then walked 2 miles.  It’s still so humid and I was still having a hard time breathing.  (And, I didn’t want to get too sweaty.)  After that, I took Jake on his second walk, and then I did some weight training and some abs.  

I’m about to start dinner.  We’re having grilled turkey sausages and sweet potato fries.  Ok, I’m having that.  Jeremy is having regular smoked sausage and chips.  🙂  Are you following me on Instagram or Snapchat?  You can see our dinner and what I do the rest of the day! (username: runandlivehappy)

I hope you all have a great week!  Oh and by the way…  🙂

For this weekly update I’m linking up with Holly of HoHo Runs and Tricia of MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap.

Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

12 thoughts on “Hello June!

  1. Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner

    150 miles for June sounds like a big challenge good luck! Glad you are feeling better stomach bugs are the worst aren’t they? Hope you have a great birthday month

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Thanks! It is a big challenge! I’m hoping that I can complete it!

  2. Coco

    Glad you are feeling better! I’m afraid to bring chocolate cheerios into the house — sound so yummy!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      They are super yummy! I’m having a hard time not snacking on them all day! LOL

  3. Lesley

    Half the fun of baking is making a mess. I try to clean up as I go, but I’ve made some epic messes.

    That’s quite an allergic reaction, but good thing you’re feeling better. I think it’s that time of year with allergies and stuff, but yikes!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      I always try to clean as I go. I hate having a huge mess afterwards. But, every now and then no matter how much I try and clean I always end up with a huge mess! Allergies are awful right now!! 🙂

  4. Mary Beth Jackson

    That is a lot of miles for June- good luck! I hope you are feeling much better every day- how scary all that leading up to that rash! Thank you for linking up!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Sorry for the late reply! This somehow went to my spam folder! It is a lot of miles and I am really going to have to pick it up the next couple of weeks if I’m going to get it done! I’m trying though!

  5. San

    Ugh, so sorry about the rash. That sucks. I hope all symptoms are gone by now!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Thanks!! It’s getting better!

  6. Mackenzie

    You are the stinking cutest! Seeing you guys on the four wheeler makes me really miss my hometown in Ohio. Ohhh I hate the stomach tolls! Even if you feel fine otherwise, stomach aches are so debilitating! Especially when just trying to workout! Glad you started feeling better though. OK every time you post a sweet potato it looks soooo good. Now I’m craving them big time! Ahh I’m so sorry about that rash! What a bummer. When I went to the wedding a couple weeks ago my legs got annihilated ! I think we stood in something for some pictures in a field. Ohhhh and happy happy birthday again! Not sure if you saw the shout out in one of my posts – but I just wrote you a little bitty birthday wish! <3


    SO I send a big happy belated birthday once again, love!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Ahh thank you for the birthday wishes and the shout out! ? rashes are the worst! Trying not to scratch, but they itch sooo bad! I hope yours is better!

Comments are closed.