Keep On Going

Hey Guys!  I have been running around nonstop this week.  It’s been super crazy!  I feel like I haven’t had a single minute to myself to just relax.  But, you just have to keep on going!  This coming week will be much calmer and I am going to enjoy every minute of it! 

I did okay with running this week.  I’m still going back and forth with my decision to do the half or the full.  I’m still trying my hardest to train for the full.  I don’t want to give up now and then decide a couple of weeks before that I really did want to do it.  It’s just a hard decision to make.  But, we’ll see…

Here was my schedule for the week:


                             Mon.              Tues.             Wed.              Thurs.             Fri.                  Sat.              Sun.

Plan                    Rest                4 mi               8 mi              4 mi                 Rest                 16 mi          Cross

Actual               4 mi                 Rest               8 mi              Rest                 13 mi               Rest            Cross                                                                                    


I started today off with a Slim.  This is really helping in keeping me full a lot longer.  I had a granola bar for breakfast.  Lunch was the same as last week.  I was too tired on Sunday to do a big meal prep so I did something simple.  I fixed ground turkey, steamed green beans, and sweet potatoes.  (The veggies were all steamable in the bag!)

I finally got to run outside today!  The pollen was still elevated, but I was able to breathe better than I could the last week.  I ran 4 miles because I was short on time.  It felt good to be out!! 

After my run, I took Jake on a quick mile run and then headed home to get some work done.

He’s barking at the daffodils

Jeremy started baseball today, but he was home pretty early.  I fixed some tacos for dinner.  I used the leftover ground turkey for mine. 

And Jeremy had me fix him this!  I couldn’t eat any of it.  🙁

I stayed up way too late reading.  I was too into the book to put it down.  After the long weekend, I really should have gone to bed early, but I didn’t. 


5:30 came really early after being up till midnight reading.  But, I got up and did some squats and a quick ab workout.  I found this Kayla Istines workout online and tried it. 

Breakfast and lunch were the same today.  I literally was running in circles today.  I had 11,000 steps by 1:00.  I never sat down!  I had a meeting at 3, and didn’t get to leave until almost 4.  I ran home and changed and hit the road.  Our cousin was having a birthday dinner (it was surprise) so I had to get to Norman (which is a little over an hour away from me) to be at the restaurant before she got there.  I made it with about 10 minutes to spare!

The dinner was at Benventies.  It was a really fancy Italian restaurant.  We had our own private room and there were a lot of family and friends there waiting when she got there.  She was super surprised! 

Right after she came in, a singing gorilla came in too!  It was hilarious!  It made her dance while we sang to her.  We laughed so hard!!  One of her friends couldn’t be there so he sent the gorilla.  

They brought out appetizers for everyone and I tried fried calamari and fried shrimp that was tossed in a sriracha sauce.  By the time we ordered, I was full!  I had a Slim on the way there.  I ordered a Caesar salad with grilled chicken.  I ate about half of it. 

Then we had cake!  It was a chocolate cake with some kind of chocolate pudding filling.  It was good, but it was extremely sweet! 

I left after cake and stopped to get Jeremy some dinner from Taco Casa.  I know I spoil him.  😉  We don’t have a Taco Casa in our town and it’s his favorite place to eat tacos.  This one is new so now he gets to eat it more often.  Up until last year, the closest one was in Texas, 2 hours away, so he rarely ever got to eat there. 

On the way home, I was the only car on the highway  (It’s a highway that goes from the interstate through a few little communities before you come into our town)  and I was enjoying my music when my gas light started dinging at me.  I looked down and realized that I was on E and was still at least 30 miles from town and there were no gas stations in between.  I have NEVER run out of gas before, or even gotten close.  So I panicked a little.  I was out in the middle of nowhere with no one around.  It sounded a little like a horror movie.  I was panicking about what I would do if I did run out of gas and had to wait on Jeremy to come get me.  It would have taken him at least 45 minutes to get to me. 

Thankfully I made it to the gas station – on fumes! 

It was pretty creepy.  It was one on the highway outside of town and it was already closed.  There was no one around and I had to get out there and pump gas all alone!  But at least I didn’t run out and have to wait on the side of the road.  You can laugh at me for not getting gas sooner.  I’ve laughed at my friends for running out before.  🙂

I got home a little after 10 and laid down and read until 11:30.  I can’t quit reading this book. 


When I sat down to write this tonight, I seriously can’t remember what all I did on Wednesday.  LOL  It’s been a long week!  I know after work I ran 8 miles.  Before my run I had a Larabar and some Spark.  

It was tough because the pollen was still high and I had a hard time breathing.  But, I kept a peppermint in my mouth the whole time and that helped my throat.  


I had a long work day today!  I worked from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.  By the time I got home all I wanted to do was crash on the couch.  Today was definitely a rest day!  


 I was getting off work at noon today, so I thought I would go ahead and get my long run out of the way.  I started off my day with this Flap Jacked cup.  It was really good.  It tasted just like a brownie.  

After work, I went home and fixed some lunch to fuel up for my run.  I had scrambled eggs with cheese, toast, and a banana – with some Spark.  

I waited a couple of hours and then headed to the park to run.  I was planning on running 16, but I stopped at 13.  I was having a hard time breathing and had to stop twice to use my inhaler, so I was happy with 13.  

This run helped me to get a little more excited about the marathon.  I’m hoping that my next several long runs go well.  I had a visitor when I got home. 🙂

For dinner, Jeremy and I went to one of our favorite Mexican restaurants.  My parents gave us a gift certificate for Valentine’s Day and we haven’t had a chance to go use it yet.  We ordered some enchiladas to share, and Jeremy ordered a taco.  It was delicious!  


 I slept in today!  I was so tired from the week that I was able to sleep until almost 10:30! When I got up, I had some Spark to get me going and then I power cleaned my house!  When I finished cleaning, I stretched and did an ab workout.  Jake wanted to workout with me. 

Saturday night we met some friends for dinner at Rib Crib.  I had snacked on some graham crackers throughout the day and that was it, so by the time we got to dinner I was starving!  We had chips and salsa and cheese fries for appetizers.  I tried not to eat too much of those.  I ordered a side salad for my meal and ate some smoked turkey off of Jeremy’s plate.  It was really good!  We sat in there for two hours talking!

As soon as we got home I laid down on the couch to watch TV and I fell asleep.  I don’t know why I was so tired on Saturday.  But, I slept on the couch for an hour before Jeremy woke me up to go to bed and as soon as I laid on down in bed I went right back to sleep.  I didn’t wake up until 8:30 Sunday morning.  


Jeremy wanted me to go help him build a fence out at our hunting land today, so I did.  I don’t know how much help I was, but at least I went.  We spent a couple of hours out there. 

When we got back home, I was planning on a run and was about to head out when disaster struck!  I was walking out on the back porch to tell Jeremy I was leaving.  He was backing the mower out of the building, and it has a big bar that goes across the top of it.  The bar knocked off a saw that he had hanging and it hit him in the head.  It’s an old metal saw that probably weighs 10 pounds. It’s one of those that takes two people on either side of a tree to use it.  

I took off across the yard and he was holding his head.  There was blood pouring down his face.  The amount of blood scared me!!  It was bleeding so much that I couldn’t even see how bad it was.  We jumped in the car and pulled over to our neighbor’s – who happen to be a doctor and a nurse. They immediately took him in the house and got an ice pack on it.  They got it to stop gushing and cleaned it up.  He had two puncture wounds on the top of his head.  While they were looking at it, the doctor got called out for an emergency surgery.  He said that if it didn’t stop bleeding then he may have to put a stitch in it later.  But, thankfully it did stop bleeding so bad.  They were worried about Jeremy having a concussion, which I’m pretty sure he had one.  I’ll spare you the picture. 🙂

When we finally left there, we came home and got him situated in the recliner with a new ice pack on his head.  I didn’t want to leave him to go run because the pain was starting to set in.  I did a circuit workout so I could be close in case he needed something.  

So, needless to say there was some excitement today.  But, it’s better now.  He’s just going to have a headache for a little while.  I’m so thankful that it wasn’t worse!  

For this weekly update I’m linking up with Holly of HoHo Runs and Tricia of MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. 

I am also linking up with a Sunday Fitness and Food Linkup hosted by:

Ilka from Ilka’s Blog and

Angela from Marathons & Motivation


Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

13 thoughts on “Keep On Going

  1. Lacey@fairytalesandfitness

    What a fun birthday dinner. Love the cake! I am the same way with reading. They say to do that at night instead of watching tv or o=be on electronics, but I get sucked in too much and do not end up going t bed any earlier.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Lol yes! I can put down my phone or turn off the tv but I cannot put down a book. There is just never a good stopping point!

  2. Heather @ Polyglot Jot

    So scary about that saw! Hope he’s doing better today! I was up late reading too–so hard to stop reading when theres a great book!

  3. Lesley

    I bought a book Thursday and it’s also one that is hard to put down. This author’s books are all like that. I limited myself to 25% on my Kindle for both Thursday and Friday nights, then finished it on Saturday.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      What book did you get?! That sounds really good if you couldn’t put it down! I love books like that.

  4. Ilka

    I just had to defer my marathon due to ongoing pain in my foot. I didn’t want to risk a fracture so I thought it’s better not to run 26.s with this pain. I totally understand how you feel. It’s a hard decision. You did great with your 13 miler. See how you this week’s long run goes ..
    The Kayla Istines workout looks like fun and it’s great you have an indoor routine you enjoy in addition to your running!
    Have a great week Tara!

  5. HoHo Runs

    I think I’d be a little freaked out if the pink gorilla came to my birthday party! I was terrified of that stuff as a child. I’m glad your husband wasn’t seriously injured. That is scary stuff. It’s wonderful you got in a strong 13 mile run. That run will serve you well no matter what distance you decide on. Thanks for linking, Tara!

  6. Tricia

    Wasn’t that sweet the friend who couldn’t come sent laughter through a, no doubt very pink gorilla ! Pretty cool if you ask me! It looked like a very fun celebration and that cake oh wow!!
    I have only run out of gas once and it was just after I started driving and I was about 1.5 miles from my house. Let me tell you my daddy was so upset at me until I have never ran out of gas ever again! Some things you just don’t forget!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      That cake was so cute! And it was really good! LOL I can only imagine what my dad would say if he knew I almost ran out of gas. I got a good talking to from Jeremy. LOL He couldn’t believe I didn’t get gas before I headed out of town. I was in such a hurry I just didn’t even think about it! My best friend ran out a few months ago and called me to come get her. She told me if I would’ve run out she would have come to get me – no judgements and no words. LOL

  7. Mackenze

    I always SO admire your ability to meal prep so well. You go girl! I am always throwing stuff together from some “random idea” I have in my head of what we have in the house. Hahha. I definitely think you can do that full. Adrenaline alone will take you the last few miles. You’re at 16 already! The furthest I ran before my first marathon was 18, and it was definitely manageable! That Italian restaurant looked to die for, but I think I would have been afraid of the gorilla. Hahah. But that’s SUCH a fun idea that your friend sent him since he couldn’t be there! And that feeling of panic about gas I know ALLLLL too well. It’s the WORST! I used to get in those sticky situations in college because it was a 4 hour drive with minimal gas stations and I always underestimated how much I had. I’m really glad Jeremy’s okay! That situation sounded so scary. This past week has truly been a wild one for you! I hope you can find some time for R & R this week ☺

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      I have to meal prep or I eat horrible! LOL That makes me feel better about just running 18 miles. My next long run is supposed to be 17, so I’ll see how that goes. I have done nothing but relax this week. LOL And it’s been so nice! Hope your week is going well!

  8. San

    Oh my goodness, that was scary with the saw hitting Jeremy in the head. I hope he’s ok!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      He’s fine now! He definitely had a headache for a few days!

Comments are closed.