Making it Happen

Hi Friends!  I hope you had a great week and an even better weekend!  It’s been a little cold this week, but today it’s back up in the 60’s!  I had a great week and got in some good runs and workouts.  I was pretty happy with that.  Usually this time of year it’s hard to fit those things in.  But, if it’s important you’ll make it happen.  I saw that on Pinterest this week and I’ve had it running through my head all week! 


It was finally cold enough today for me to break out my UGGS.  I love them because they keep my feet so warm! 

I started today with some yogurt, banana, and special K cereal mixed in.  I probably should have had some oatmeal because I was freezing! 

Lunch was a salad and an apple.  I didn’t feel like doing a lot of meal prep this past weekend, so I bought this and some other pre-made meals.  It works!

My work day flew by.  I love days like that!  When I got home, I took Jake over to see the horse.  He ran around her like a nut.  He had his butt tucked under and he just ran circles around her.  She just stood there and watched him like he was nuts.  When we left, she could see us walking down the road and she kept whinnying for us to come back.  So, we did and she stood there with her head against me and let me pet her.  She’s like a big dog.  Even though I was bundled up, I was so cold and I did not want to go run.  But, I decided that if I didn’t run I would do an Insanity workout instead and that did not sound like that much fun.  So, I put on another layer and headed out.  Plus, I had some leftover turkey that I wanted to feed to a stray dog that hangs out on the road that I run.  He was really excited about the food.    I ran 3 miles right at dark.  It’s usually the days that I don’t want to run that I have the best runs. 

After dark, I had a pretty productive night.  As soon as I got done running, I did an ab workout and some strength training.  For dinner, I fixed some eggs and ate them on a corn tortilla with some salsa.  While I ate dinner, I talked to my friend Lana for a while.  Then I got busy on some blogging.  My sweet tooth was really craving a chocolate chip cookie.  But, I didn’t give in.  I was proud of myself because instead I ate a banana and drank some egg nog while I watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. 

Jeremy had games at a tournament an hour and half away.  He called me at 7 and said they were running way behind.  So, it was midnight before he got home!  I went to bed around 10:30, but woke up when he came in.  I had a hard time going back to sleep, so Tuesday morning came really early!


I was dragging a bit today when I had to get up.  But, after breakfast I was wide awake.  I had some oatmeal to warm me up. 

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine meal. (This one is probably my favorite.)

Jeremy called me on my way home and told me what our neighbor had done today.  I wrote about her when she moved in.  She is the rudest person ever!  I had hoped that maybe once she got settled, she would be a little friendlier, but she isn’t.  Instead of trying to be friendly, she built a fence around her front yard and put a gate with a huge padlock across her driveway, and a camera.  So early this morning she called my father-in-law and left him a rude message that it was too cold for the horse to be outside.  She said it didn’t have any food or water and if he needed her to buy it some food she would.  And that it was ridiculous that we weren’t taking care of it.  Not even ten minutes after she called, two sheriff deputies showed up at his house.  They said that she had called them because he had a horse that had no food, no water, and no shelter and that she hadn’t seen anyone out there feeding it in over two weeks.  She saw me out there Monday afternoon – she stood on her back porch and stared!!  So, he showed the deputies her food, her water, and her barn.  He explained that we feed her twice a day, because we just got her and don’t want to over feed her and make her sick.  He said they laughed and said the horse was fat and definitely not malnourished.  He said they also laughed because that lady keeps calling them about people walking and running on the street in front of her house.  Which would be me!!

When I got home from work, I was going to talk to her, but there was no way to get in to her “fortress”.  So, I went over to feed the horse and here she came to the fence.  She wanted to make sure that we weren’t offended that she had called the sheriff.  I told her that yes we were, because we feed our horse every day.  She said that she wasn’t worried at all about the horse, but about my father-in-law because he’s elderly and she just wanted them to do a welfare check.  He’s not even close to elderly!    I asked her if she realized that I lived across the street and she said yes but she thought we were traveling because she hadn’t seen me in a few days.  I reminded her that she saw me out feeding the horse on Monday, and she was out on her porch when I ran by too.  Her response was that she hadn’t seen my car in a few days.  I told her that she saw me pulling out to go to work that morning at the same time she was.  She talked in circles, did not make any sense, and denied everything that she left in her message and told the sheriff.  She repeated several times that she just wanted to do a welfare check.  She said something again about the horse not having shelter in the cold and I pointed out the barn.  She didn’t have anything to say to that.  I was probably not very nice, but I was just really in disbelief at the things she was saying.  I told her next time she wanted to do a welfare check, that she needed to come ring my doorbell.  She apologized again and then started talking about how pretty the horse was.  Some people are so crazy!! 

After that discussion, Jake and I went for a walk.  Then we went back and Jake walked around the yard with the horse for awhile.  We finally went home right before dark.  Jeremy had games far away again, so I had the house to myself.  I got a lot done!  I did some strength training and then wrapped all the presents.  Jake kept trying to unwrap them! 

Then I addressed all of our Christmas cards and I vacuumed the house! 

For dinner, Jake and I ate some eggs with hot sauce and toast with low sugar jelly. 

I flipped through the channels while I waited for Jeremy to get home.  Once he was home, I headed to bed.  Being up until almost midnight two nights in a row is a little tough!


It was sooooo cold outside today.  I had some oatmeal for breakfast to warm me up and lunch was a Smart Ones.


After work, I went home and fed the horse.  I was outside with her and Jake for 10 minutes and I couldn’t feel my fingers!  It was so cold.  The temperature wasn’t that cold, but the wind was blowing so hard and it was cold!  I was a big baby and decided that I would skip my run and workout inside instead.  I did a short circuit workout, an ab workout, and some squats.  Afterwards my stomach was growling so I had a small bowl of Special K pumpkin spice cereal. 

Wednesday night was a pretty quiet night.  Jeremy was off work, so we cooked some fajitas for dinner.  This time we used beef and chicken.  We watched TV for awhile and went to bed early. We’ve started watching Rules of Engagement.  It’s a pretty funny show! 


Today started the same as the last couple of days.  Breakfast and lunch were the same. 

Not my favorite.

It was colder today than it was on Wednesday, but I was determined to get in a run.  My weather app said it was 32 degrees outside, but that it felt like 22!  I bundled up with lots of layers and headed out.  I got in 3 miles!    My feet and my nose were the only things that got cold!  But, that was my fault.  I didn’t wear the right socks and I really hate wearing a mask on my face.

I went home and put on some bigger ear muffs, a scarf, and my North Face jacket and went to feed the horse.  Then Jake and I took some food to our other horse.  (She’s in a pasture down the road.) 

By the time I got home I couldn’t wait to get in a hot shower and warm up!!  I do not like the cold!

Jeremy was off work again, so we had another relaxing night at home.  We ate the leftover fajita meat for dinner and watched tv the rest of the night.  I love nights like this!


Breakfast today was oatmeal again and lunch was a salad.  After work I headed over to my grandma’s to visit.  We ended up getting out her Christmas tree and setting it up.  

Jeremy had 4 games today and was out of town all day.  I headed home right before dark so I could let Jake out and take him for a walk before it was too dark.  And we fed the horse.  I’ve started calling her Jessie.  I’m not sure everyone else likes that name, but I do.  

Since I didn’t get a run in because it was dark and cold, I did a circuit workout and a pretty hard ab workout.  I still felt it on Sunday.  I also did some squats.  I’m still doing the Squat Away May challenge and Jake wanted to help.  

Since Jeremy was gone, I fixed some eggs and toast for dinner.  Nothing really sounded good so I stuck to my usual meal.


Jake and I spent the evening watching Netflix.  I watched The Giver.  I have read the book and loved it, but I had never seen the movie.  

I also got some posts done.  I’m determined to get ahead on my posts because this next week starts Christmas activities and I’m going to be busy!  

I hope you all have a great week and I’ll be back tomorrow with a weekend recap!  

For this weekly update I’m linking up with Holly of HoHo Runs and Tricia of MissSippiPiddlin for their Weekly Wrap. 

I am also linking up with a Sunday Fitness and Food Linkup hosted by:

Ilka from Ilka’s Blog and

Angela from Marathons & Motivation


Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

16 thoughts on “Making it Happen

  1. Marcia

    Ugh, I can’t even imagine a new neighbor would be like that. Geez. I’ll police realize already what they’re dealing with. What a PIA. Your Christmas card came out so well! I finally ordered ours last week and now the shipping is delayed due to the snowstorm so who knows when I’ll get them mailed?

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Oh no!! I hope your card gets there soon! I hope you have a great Christmas!

  2. Judy @ Chocolaterunsjudy

    Oh, nasty neighbors are the worst. I’d just leave her alone, she probably thrives on the negative attention.

    I didn’t realize the Giver was on Netflix — I read it too, so I’ll have to watch it at some point before it’s gone!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      I didn’t realize it either, but I came across it and decided to watch it. It was pretty good. It went a lot faster than the book did, but stayed pretty close to it.

  3. Lesley

    What a nosy neighbor. Sounds like she’s got enough crazy for the whole neighborhood. Good for you for calling her out.

    I’m going to need a new pair of UGGs once I get to Denver. I had a pair when I moved to Dallas from Boston, but I wore those through in the winter. I hate when my feet get cold and UGGs keeps them toasty warm.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      You are going to need more than one pair! It is sooooo cold there! We had a short layover there in October and it was 27 degrees! You may need to buy some UGG socks too! 🙂

  4. Ilka

    Oh no for the neighbor trouble – nobody needs that! Inhale and exhale and let it go – she will eventually calm down. Hopefully.
    Love your Christmas card – so fun and happy!
    We had 2 days of cooler running weather and today I have been sweating it out again – kind of jealous of your cold weather gear!
    Have a fun Running week Tara!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      LOL I like the cold weather, but I really like the in between better. I would rather just be “cool”. I hope it cools down for you soon and stays that way!

  5. Heather @ Polyglot Jot

    That’s so annoying about your neighbor–its crazy how rude people can be! Hope you have a good week filled with some productive blog work…I’m hoping for the same so that I’m not feeling swamped for Christmas week!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      I hope you had a productive week too! You are inspiring me to work hard to get ahead on my posts.

  6. Tricia Vaughn

    Oatmeal is always good when it’s cold outside!
    I wish I was more organized and had some posts ready for next week but I’m doing good to keep my head above water like it is. This time of year is always hard but extra hard with so much weekend travels. The weekend is when I catch up on blogging and well it’s fell under the bus!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Good luck on getting caught up! I finally got a little ahead and it’s a great feeling! LOL But, I’m sure it won’t be long before I’m way behind again!

  7. Melissa Cunningham

    I love reading about Jake and Jesse! Seems they’ve got a good friendship going on! Hate it about your nosy neighbor though! I have one of those but not that extreme ( my neighbor is part of the HOA, retired and watches everything and everyone on the block like a hawk, waiting to call in and report the smallest things! She reported us because all flags hanging outdoors ( not on a pole) have to be taken inside at dark….
    Anyways glad you got in some running time and done good workouts despite the cold!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Wow! I hate neighbors like that! It sounds like they really need to find a hobby! Jake and Jesse are so cute! He’ll hang out in her pen as long as we’ll let him!

  8. HoHo Runs

    Ugh…the neighbor. It sounds like your neighbor is a sad and lonely lady. Unfortunately she is looking for any attention she can get but going about it the wrong way. Maybe you should kill her kindness. She’ll hate that and probably leave you alone. LOL. I haven’t been blogging ahead now for months. And with holidays and more travel — I don’t see me getting organized any time soon. Our weather sure has been up and down — from one extreme to the other. Thanks for linking, Tara!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      We have tried to just ignore her but that didn’t work so maybe I will try to be extra kind! Our weather is crazy too! It’s 5 degrees today and it’s supposed to be 56 on Tues!

Comments are closed.