One More Time

Hi Guys!  I have one more post about Vegas!  This is all about our final night!  Friday we spent all day walking around looking at everything!  There was a lot more people out on Friday, which made it more difficult to get down the street.  But, Friday night was the best part of the whole trip.  Jeremy got me tickets to Britney Spears!!  I seriously can’t even put into words how excited I was!  I have loved her since she came out, and have always wanted to see her. 

Vegas Baby!!

One Happy Traveler

I had looked up her tickets online and couldn’t find any that were less than $400.  But, we were able to get some through our concierge that were a ton cheaper than that.  I was so excited all day!  I seriously couldn’t wait!  I felt like a kid waiting for Christmas. 



Once we were ready for the night we headed down to New York New York to go to Coyote Ugly. 



I just wanted to see if it was really like the movie, and it was!  We went in for a few minutes just to watch.  I really wanted to see them dance on the bar, but they didn’t. They were giving everyone shots and making fun of people who weren’t drinking. 


We weren’t, so we left once they started that.  They singled out one guy and they refused to do or say anything else until he had a drink in his hand, and everyone in the bar started chanting, “go to the bar.”  We didn’t want them to do that to us, so we slipped out quickly.  We had thought about going back after the show but we never made it back down there. 

Britney was at Planet Hollywood, so we caught a bus down there and hung out in their casino until it was almost show time. 

one-more-time-britney-spears-vegas-show-run-and-live-happy-4 one-more-time-britney-spears-vegas-show-run-and-live-happy-5

I was so, so, so excited!!  We thought we would be in a nose bleed section because our tickets were not very expensive.  But, we weren’t. 


The room that the show was in wasn’t very big.  There were only two sections.  We were on the back row of the second section, but there were probably only 50 rows in front of us. 


Before the show started, we put a couple of pictures on Instagram of us waiting, and they popped up on the big screen next to the stage. (okay we took one and then it came up, so we did another one!)  That was pretty cool! 


This was literally the best show I have ever seen.  That might be because I like her so much.  She was AWESOME!! 


She had tons of dancers, huge, elaborate sets, lights, fire, and smoke. 

one-more-time-britney-spears-vegas-show-run-and-live-happy-14 one-more-time-britney-spears-vegas-show-run-and-live-happy-16

Britney put on a great show!  Everyone stood and danced the entire time! 


G-Easy was there and surprised everyone by coming out and singing Make Me with her. 

I’ve put some videos and pictures down below.  If you’re not interested, just scroll past them.  Best Show Ever!  I really could not believe I got to go, and I was so happy that Jeremy went with me.  I figured he would be bored, but she was so good that he even enjoyed it too! 


The show lasted about 2 hours.  I took so many pictures and videos that my phone died. 


Here’s some short videos:

When it was over, we headed back to the room so I could change out of my heels and grab some trail mix and spark so we could go to Freemont Street.  We played a slot machine in our casino before leaving….We lost. 

We caught a bus to Freemont Street.  The express bus (which makes very few stops) had stopped running at midnight, so we had to catch the Deuce (which makes stops on every block).  We ended up being on the bus for almost an hour!  It was ridiculous!  But, when we got down to Freemont Street, it was worth it.   After dark there was a ton more people out than there was on Thursday night. It was packed!  It was really interesting and we both enjoyed just people watching as we strolled up and down the street.  There was a live band playing on a stage and there were a bunch of street performers doing magic shows and singing.  We enjoyed watching all of the entertainment.  Even though we were out really late, I always felt safe.  On Friday night, there were police at every corner.  And, on Freemont Street they were riding bikes all around.  We went in the Golden Nugget and played some slots.  We lost again. 

We were getting hungry, and I was starting to get really tired so we caught the bus back to the Strip.  Since it was after 2, it wasn’t busy and there weren’t many stops.  We went to Fatburger to eat dinner.  Burgers sounded so good to me, and Fatburger did not disappoint.  That burger was the best I have had in a very long time!  That could’ve been because by that time I was starving.  But, either way, it was really good!  My phone was dead, so I couldn’t take any pictures of it.  By the time we got back to the room, it was after 3.  I crashed and slept all night! 

We got up at 9 on Saturday morning so we could get ready to come home.  (*sad face)  We got ready quickly and had time to walk around our resort some more.  It was so big that we didn’t see all of it on the first day.  We walked all through the huge casino, and around the floor with all of the restaurants. 


Our resort had a mall attached to it.  It was all expensive name brand (like Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Jimmy Choo…to name a few), so we just window shopped on our way through. 


We were picked up 10:40 and were taken to the airport.  Check in and security was a breeze.  By this time we were really hungry so we went to find something to eat.  We got a sub sandwich to share and then we tried our luck one more time on a slot, but we lost again.  I was so tired that I slept all the way back to Denver.  We had a short layover and then we were headed back to Tulsa.  We flew United, and both landings today had something weird that happened.  First of all, both times we landed hard!  It felt like we were crashing.  I don’t like to fly anyways.  Once we landed, they came on and said that there was a weight imbalance and they had to either unload some bags or put up a tail stand so we didn’t tip up on the tail.  I have never had that happen before, and we had it happen twice in one day! 

We landed around 8 and were in our car by 9:00.  We got home around 11 and went to see Jake at my father-in-law’s.  I missed him so much!  We let him stay the night there so we could sleep in on Sunday. 

We made it to bed around 12:30, and I slept until 10 am.  I had a ton of energy on Sunday and even ran 10 miles.  And, I had a hard time going to sleep and staying asleep on Sunday night. 

Overall, this was definitely one of the best vacations ever!  As much as I love going to the beach every year, this was probably one of my top 2 or 3 favorite trips.  I think it was just because there was so much to see and do, and there was something going on all the time.  Plus, I love people watching, and there were tons of people to watch.  I can’t wait until we get the chance to go back!  I had a list of things that I wanted to see this time, and we crossed off a lot on that list.  But, I’m already making a new list of things I want to see next time!  Hopefully, we’ll get to go back soon!

Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

6 thoughts on “One More Time

  1. Heather @ Polyglot Jot

    So awesome that you got to catch the Britney show. Im a big fan too! Growing up, I wanted to be her! I havent been to a show of hers since her Oops I Did it Again tour–i think its time! haha

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      She was amazing!! I was so, so excited!! Growing up I was the same way! LOL

  2. Meranda@Fairytalesandfitness

    Aww what a great time! So cool that your IG pic got posted on the big screen!

  3. Brooklyn Murtaugh

    SO jealous you got to see Britney! Also so cool that your instagram picture was on the screen!

  4. San

    So excited you got to see Britney…. I love the Planet Hollywood venue!

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Britney was awesome! And I really like Planet Hollywood. I would like to stay there when we go back.

Comments are closed.