A Weekend Away

Happy Monday Friends!  I hope all of you had a great weekend.  I am still recovering from a very busy, but very fun weekend away!  This weekend was the fall baseball state tournament and Jeremy was chosen to umpire it.  I love the state tournaments because we get a mini vacation!  

Friday morning we left early so we would have time to stop and get some breakfast and then check in at the hotel before Jeremy had to be at the field.  We stopped at McDonald’s on the way and I had some yogurt and then we stopped at the hotel in Oklahoma City to check in and unload the car.  Jeremy likes to check in before his games so that way after the games he doesn’t have to mess with unloading everything.  We stayed at a Double Tree and I love it!  It’s where we always stay and it’s so nice!  My favorite part may just be the delicious cookie we get when we check in! 


After checking in, we headed to the field.  Jeremy was umpiring at Yukon High School.  He was calling first base during the first game, so I dropped him off and headed to the mall.  I really needed some new tops for fall.  I only have sleeveless or short sleeves.  I also was in desperate need of some new jeans.  I didn’t have long to shop, so I rushed through there and I was pretty happy with what I got.  I got a new pair of jeans, a couple of light weight sweaters, and several tanks to wear under cardigans.  On my way back to the field, I grabbed a snack.  This was the first time I tried it, and I will definitely be buying a box of these.  It was delicious!  


I got back in time to watch the second game.  Jeremy had it behind the plate, so I wasn’t missing it.  He had a great game, and it turned out to be a run rule so it was an easy game.  

a weekend away


It got cold!! I had to break out my coat for the first time this year. 


When it was over we went back to the hotel so we could get ready for dinner.  We had just walked in the room and one of the other umpires (who had called different games) called and said that they were all at the restaurant across the street.  We hurried to change, and headed over there.  Most of them had already eaten, so we just hung out and talked until they were finished.  Then we went back to the hotel so Jeremy could shower before we actually went to eat.  We walked next door to a bar and grill.  This has become our favorite place because we can walk to it and it stays open really late.  I think it was around 9 when we got there, so we were both super hungry.  Of course, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and we ordered way too much food.  (But, in our defense, we didn’t know how big the portions were going to be…we hadn’t ever ordered these entrees before.)  We started with some homemade chips and salsa.


Then we ordered a pizza and a burger to share.  We were shocked at how much food there was when the waitress brought it out.


Speaking of the waitress, she was really sweet and did a great job, but she may as well have been wearing only underwear.  Nothing was covered!  I could not believe that she was showing off so much of her purple lacy bra!  Seriously, the waitresses at Hooters don’t even show off as much as she did.  And she did talk to us for a while and we found out that she did, in fact, actually used to work at Hooters.  I know she works for tips, but I just don’t understand why girls think they have to degrade themselves to make money.  She was pretty and had a really good personality, she could earn good tips with that! 

Anyways….when we got back to the hotel, there were some other umpires in the lobby so we got caught down there talking to them forever.  It was really late before we finally made it to the room.  As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out!  It probably helps that the bed is the most comfortable one I have ever slept in, and I want one just like that at my house!  It’s like sleeping on a cloud!


Saturday morning we were up early to meet some of the guys for breakfast.  (Most of them have wives or girlfriends that come too, so it’s not usually just me.  But, for some reason at breakfast it was…oh well..) We get to eat free at the hotel buffet.  I had some eggs, a piece of sausage, and a half of a biscuit.  I wasn’t very hungry when I got up.  Probably because we ate late and ate a lot!  I ate quickly and then headed back upstairs to finish getting ready and pack while the guys all hung out.  

The championship games were being played at the Bricktown Ball Park (it’s the Dodger’s minor league field.)


We got there an hour before game time.  


I found a good seat right beside third base (where Jeremy was going to be) and played on my phone until the game started.  It was a pretty boring game, and Jeremy didn’t have any close calls.  

A weekend away

This was the first championship game in 7 or 8 years that he hasn’t done behind the plate, and he was excited to just get to relax.  It went a full seven innings and ended up being 1-0.  

After his game, we decided to get a snack and stay for a few innings of the next game.  The next game was my best friend’s brother-in-law’s team, so she and her whole family was there.  We ended up sitting with them and staying for the whole game.  One of her sister-in-law’s had a new baby, and we took turns passing her around.  She was so cute!  I didn’t watch the game at all, we were too busy talking and playing with the baby!  

When the game was over, we left and headed to Norman to visit Jeremy’s family.  His cousin had a football game, so all of his aunts and uncles were there.  While they watched the rest of the OSU game, the girls went shopping for shoes.  Then we met up at Ted’s Mexican Restaurant for dinner.  I ordered the pork street tacos.  They were okay.  They tasted like roast meat.  And, since there was so many of us, it took forever for our food to come out, so I filled up on chips and salsa.  I only ate one of my tacos.  


When we were finished, the girls headed to the mall for a quick run in Dillard’s to look at some more shoes before they closed.  We were back at the house by about 9:15 and Jeremy and I visited for a little bit before heading home.  We got home around 10:45 and unloaded the car.  When I came inside, I found that my fish had died.  🙁   I don’t know what happened to him.  We noticed on Thursday that he wasn’t eating and jumping around like he usually did.  We changed his water and wrapped towels around his bowl because we thought he might be cold.  He was pretty inactive when we left Friday morning, but I was hoping he was just sick and would be better when we got back.  He wasn’t, and our house smelled pretty fishy.  I’m kind of sad.  I really liked that little guy. Jeremy sent him off to the sea and we cleaned up his bowl before going to bed.

Sunday morning I woke up freezing!  Fall finally came and we did not have our heater on!  It was 64 degrees in our house!!  When we got up, we unpacked everything and then headed to Walmart and Aldi to get our grocery shopping done.  Then I headed out on a run.  I had 3 miles scheduled, but since I didn’t run much this past week, I wanted to run a little more.   It was cool outside, so it was perfect for a run.  I made it .38 miles before I had to go use my inhaler. I was hoping that was not an indication as to how the rest of my run was going to go.  Thankfully, it wasn’t!  I had a really good run!  I ended up running 5 miles and walking 1.  I felt really good and didn’t get tired at all – which surprised me since we didn’t get much sleep all weekend.  

A Weekend Away Run and Live Happy

After my run I walked a mile with Jake.  Actually it was mostly running because he was a ball of energy.  He would only stop to pee on something and then he would take off again.  


Then Jeremy and I went on a four wheeler ride until I got too cold and had to go home.  I spent the evening meal prepping.  I made it easy on myself this week.  I bought a bag of spinach and a rotisserie chicken and made salads.  Then I roasted some sweet potatoes to throw on top.  Simple and fast!  

When it got dark, we settled in front of the TV for the evening.  I fell asleep early and slept for a couple of hours on the couch before Jeremy woke me up to go to bed.  We had a great weekend and it went by so quickly!  I guess time does fly when you’re having fun!  We’ve got some plans for the next couple of weekends, so it’s going to be a busy and fun month!  

I hope you all have a great week!

Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

6 thoughts on “A Weekend Away

  1. Marcia

    Sorry about your fish! It’s always sad to lose a pet. I am a Doubletree fan as well. We stayed in one in Dublin and were not disappointed.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      It is sad. 🙁 But it’s okay. Did you get a cookie in Dublin? I love those, but my favorite part is the big comfy bed and the huge bathtub!

  2. Brooklyn Murtaugh

    Your weekend sounds so fun! It’s awesome how you are all friends with Jeremy’s umpire buddies.

    Jake is so cute! Seeing him makes me miss my family dog who live across the country with my parents. He is a black lab, and also adorable 🙂


    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Ahh I couldn’t be so far away from Jake. 🙁 It’s a lot of fun getting together with the other wives! We all understand each other. LOL

  3. San

    Glad you got a nice weekend trip out of Jeremy’s umpire duties 🙂 Sorry to hear about your fish. Did you have it for a while?

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      I just had it since May. But I really liked it. I’ll probably get another one sometime. I had one in college and that guy lived forever! So this one must have just gotten sick.

Comments are closed.