Hey Hey!! Today I wanted to share a different perspective of myself with you. I try to be transparent and real in my posts so you see that I am only human. I don’t live a sparkly, perfect all the time life because I’m normal. I have bad days and there are days that I don’t want to take pictures and fake a smile. I know that while I do talk about the ups and downs in running, I don’t really share the downs in my personal life. Most of us only post pictures or share the good moments in our lives. I’m pretty sure I have never posted a bad picture from a bad day or bad moment and captioned it with something negative.
The persona that we put out there for others to see is usually a good one. We see the happy life, but sometimes we forget that they are human. So today I wanted to share with you some of the things that I am bad at. I want to do this so you can have a better picture of the real me. So, here are some of the things that I am really bad at!
- Math – So bad! Like you would laugh at how bad I am! I do not have a math brain at all, so I have a hard time doing math in my head. Anything to do with numbers makes me really have to think hard to figure it out. When I have to figure out how much tip to leave, I usually have to get out my phone to use the calculator.
- Having patience – I need to work on this. It’s not all the time though. Most of the time I have all the patience in the world. But, when I am in a hurry and people are being really slow it drives me crazy. Like when I go to the grocery store and people are blocking the entire aisle while they talk…makes me absolutely nuts! I also get road rage when people are driving really slow and I can’t get around them. I also hate waiting! If I’m in line somewhere, I do not stand patiently.
- Cooking – I really love to cook, but for some reason it really stresses me out. I am worried that I will burn something, or it won’t all come out okay. This probably doesn’t make sense, but I think that I can cook well, I just feel that I’m bad at it because I get so stressed. If I’m cooking for just myself, I don’t get stressed. But, if I’m cooking for others, it really stresses me.
- Self control with sweets – I try so hard to cut back on sugar, and I will do pretty well for awhile. But, I have a really hard time turning down cookies, brownies, cake, pie…really anything sweet! I just love it!
- Not Finishing Things – This is the opposite of what it sounds like, so I’ll explain. Once I start something, I want to finish it. I get really stressed out if I run out of time, or I can’t do it all in one setting. I am bad about starting something and then finishing it later if need be. Once I get something in my mind, I want to get it done. An example would be scrapbooking. If I get everything out to do it, I will sit there for hours until I get finished. Even if it takes the whole day. I also do the same thing when I read a book. If I am in the middle of a book, I will try and read as long as I can until I finish it. I have been known to stay up until 4 in the morning reading so I can finish a book.
- Trying new things – I like to think I am somewhat adventurous, but not always. New things really scare me.
- Sports – I’m really not that good at sports, except dancing. I like sports, and I am very competitive, but I’m not that great at them.
- I have a hard time relaxing – The last time I got a massage, like two years ago, she told me that she could tell I never relaxed. She said my muscles were so tense and even after an hour with her, she could not get them to relax. She asked me if I had a hard time turning off my mind and of course I said yes. She said I really needed to work on being more relaxed.
- I multitask constantly – I can’t watch tv without doing something else. I can’t cook dinner without watching Netflix on my phone or peeking into the living room to see what Jeremy is watching. (Probably why I’m not good at cooking.) I just can’t focus on one thing at a time!
- I never take my contacts out – My eye doctor always asks, “do I even want to know how long you’ve been wearing those?” I hate wearing my glasses and I hate not being able to see, so I just never take my contacts out unless my eyes are itchy. And even then I’ll try to wait it out.
- I’m not quick witted – I can always think of “what I should have said” an hour later.
- I have issues with anxiety – When something bothers me, it really bothers me. I have a hard time letting it go or not worrying about it.
- Change – I hate change! If something doesn’t go the way it’s planned, I have a hard time adjusting to it. This could even be something as small as me not getting to run when I had planned to. It puts me in a bad mood and even though I know I can do it later, or it’s not a big deal, it still bothers me.
- Remembering people – I will recognize people, but will not be able to place them or remember their names. I used to be really good at this. I worked as a hostess at a restaurant in town in high school and I knew everyone that came in and always remembered them. But now, I even have a hard time remembering people I went to high school with. My memory has gotten bad! I blame it on a couple of concussions…
- Making decisions – I would say this is a huge struggle for me. I haven’t always been like this, but it seems as I have gotten older, I have gotten worse. I think about things forever before I make a decision. What makes it even worse is my husband is the same way. So, every weekend, we have the same conversation. “Where do you want to go for dinner?” “I don’t care.” “I don’t care either, you pick.” “It doesn’t matter, you pick.” It will take us forever to just decide where we’re going to eat. That’s probably why we always eat at the same couple of places. I will shop online for something and put it in my shopping cart and then close my browser without buying it. Then I’ll come back to it and look at it again while trying to decide. I will do this over and over before I decide.
There’s some things that I’m really not that good at. Ok, I’m horrible at math! Now it’s your turn. Tell me in the comment something that you are bad at!
I’m linking up with Amanda today for Thinking out Loud.