It’s September, and it’s slowly beginning to feel like fall. Now that summer is really over, I’m ready for fall to get here quickly. As much as I love summer, and as sad as I am to see it go, I’m so happy that such an awesome season follows it. If I had to choose, I would pick summer as my favorite season. But, fall would come in a very, very close second. So, if you’re like me and sad that summer is over, look at the many great and beautiful things that fall has to offer. And, since fall is upon us, I want to share some of the reasons why I love it.
- Sports – I love football, baseball, and basketball and in the fall I get to see all of them! I love going to hometown football games and cheering on my high school. Football is such a big deal in my town, and it feels like the whole city comes out to watch the games. Since I grew up here, I feel like I know everyone so it’s also fun to just see people that I usually don’t. I also love going to college games when we have the chance. And I love getting together with friends and having cookouts and spending the day watching football.
I also love baseball and with fall, comes the World Series. Side note: I do enjoy it more when the Yankees are playing…but I’ll watch any team. Fall also brings high school baseball State Tournament. Only the small schools around here play, but Jeremy always gets to umpire the State Tournament and it’s at the OKC Dodgers field in Oklahoma City. It’s always a fun weekend getaway for us. Plus, the weather is always nice in the fall for baseball. It’s not too hot or too cold.
And then comes basketball. Jeremy starts referring basketball in November. I go to the majority of his games and enjoying watching different teams.
- Weather – Fall brings the perfect running weather. And if you’re not a runner, it brings nice weather for everything else too! It’s not too hot and it’s not too cold. I can actually go places without sweating! I love being able to be outside all day and I enjoy cooler nights. I love the falling leaves and the beautiful rich colors that they turn. I love when my running path is covered in crunchy leaves. My dog loves it too because he can stay outside all day. He loves taking long walks and going on runs when it’s cooler. The weather also makes me want to take more walks just so I can be outside. I love opening my windows and letting fresh air in and it’s not too hot or cold! It’s just perfect!
- Fall food – This is comfort food time of year – pumpkin everything, apple pie, apple cider, pecan pie, spaghetti squash, slow cooker meals, hot chocolate…need I say more. I love hot foods and I have a hard time eating things like that when it’s hot outside. I like to eat more salads and sandwiches when it’s hot. But when the weather changes, I love hot food!
- Holidays – I really love the holidays! I love everything about them! I love dressing up at Halloween. I also love seeing other people dressed up! I think it’s so fun. My favorite is Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving desserts! Plus I just really love everyone getting together and celebrating! I was watching a Friends episode yesterday and it was one about Thanksgiving. It really got me looking forward to Thanksgiving. I know it’s only September, but I’m already getting excited about Thanksgiving!
- Fall Fashion – Boots and Sweaters! I do love my boots and wear them with everything. Tall boots, short boots, wedge boots…it doesn’t matter. I have so many boots and I love when the weather cools off enough that I can wear them! I actually ordered some more this week too! I love sweaters and comfy clothes like hoodies. And, I love my leggings! I could live in leggings!
I’m excited that fall is here! What is your favorite thing about fall?