Hi Guys! It’s Tuesday, so that means it’s time for Tuesday’s on the Run. I’m linking up with to discuss all things running! (My favorite thing to talk about!) This week’s topic is music that moves you. I love music just about as much as I love running. Music is a powerful motivator. I always have music on. When I’m running, working out, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, writing, reading…you get the idea. If I’m not listening to it, I’m usually singing a song in my head. Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night with a song going through my head. Music is a huge motivator for running.
I have several different playlists on my phone.
A lot of them have some of the same songs, but also have some different ones. I always seem to choose some of the same ones for each playlist. And, some of these I’ve been listening to since I was running in college. So, today I’ll let you in on my go-to songs and which ones I listen to the most when running/training/racing. I’m warning you, I listen to some outrageous music!
- Roar – Katy Perry
- Circus – Britney Spears
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- If We Ever Meet Again – Timberland
- Promiscious – Nelly Furtado
- Spiderweb – No Doubt
- Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira
- SexyBack – Justin Timberlake
- Toxic – Britney Spears
- You Make Me Sick – Pink
- So What – Pink
- It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
- Texas To You – Johnny Cooper
- All the Right Moves – OneRepublic
- When I Grow Up – Pussy Cat Dolls
- Dog Days are Over – Florence and the Time Machine
- This Time Around – Randy Rogers Band
- Like I Love You – Justin Timberlake
- Somebody Told Me – The Killers
- Numb – Linkin Park ( I don’t know why I like this song so much, but this has always been my #1 running song.)
At least a handful of these songs are on every one of my playlists. They are all on my 13.1 and 26.2 playlists. These songs pump me up because they are upbeat. A lot of times you can find me running and singing at the same time. I thought I was the only weirdo that probably did that, but one of my friends said she does too.
The last month, this is the playlist that I have been listening to…on repeat…and not just when I’m running.
Do you like to listen to music? I know some people that don’t. Does music pump you up?