Hi Friends! Happy Friday! Summer is here and I’m so excited! This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love being outside and I love the warm weather. Today for the Friday Five I’m linking up with Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!, and Mar from Mar on the Run!. The topic for today is fitness, so I am sharing with you my five fitness goals for this summer!
Since summertime is my favorite time of year, I tend to really enjoy it and slack off on everything else. That means spending all my free time in the pool, traveling, and usually not running or working out much. This summer I am not going to slack off and be lazy. I am setting some fitness goals for myself, I am determined to reach them. Here are my five fitness goals for this summer.
- Get into a new routine – Since completing my marathon training, I have been running and working out when I feel like it. I have enjoyed not having a schedule of when I have to run and how far I have to run. However, it’s time to get into a new routine and maybe set up a new schedule. I find that without one, I am more likely to skip a workout or run. So, my number one goal this summer is to get into a running and working out routine.
- Run more – I also want to start running more miles. Since the marathon, I have only been running around 3 -4 miles, with the exception of a couple longer runs. I want to get into half marathon shape and stay that way.
- Add in more strength training– In the last month, I have added in more lower body strength workouts, but I need to add in more than that. I need to also make this part of my summer routine.
- Pick a new race to train for – I do want to run another marathon. I don’t know if that will be this year, or sometime else. But, I need a new goal race to work towards. So, if not a marathon, I need to pick out a half marathon and go for it! I also want to run some 5k’s this summer to work on speed.
- Stay on routine while on vacation – We will be going on vacation this summer and I really want to make the effort to continue to workout while we are there. We always walk a lot, so I usually don’t do anything other than that. I want to at least do some strength training while I’m on vacation and not just slack off for the whole time.
What are your fitness goals for this summer?
Make sure to check out the Friday Five link up.