Hi Everyone! It’s Friday and it’s April! Happy April Fool’s Day! I hope you all had a great week. You have no idea how happy I am that it’s the weekend! I recently read a post by Lindsey at A Runnaroundd Life (you should check out her blog) about how we shouldn’t try to hide our failures. Everyone is human, and we all mess up from time to time. So after reading that, I was inspired to share my failures from this week.
I really did not have a great week as far as staying on track with eating healthy and running and working out. I did try, but it just didn’t happen. I don’t know what my deal was this week after having such a great training week last week. I skipped workouts, ate unhealthy, and overall just felt very lazy. So here are five things I failed at this week.
- Making good decisions – I broke down on Monday and raided the candy jar. And, I don’t even really like candy. I ate a couple handfuls of those Hershey eggs, and a mini snickers! I also did not eat very healthy either. One day, I took my healthy lunch to work, and then ate out instead. And, another day, they had breakfast foods in the break room. I fixed a big bowl of fruit, good intentions, but the only thing good in it was the pineapple, so I ate a croissant later that morning.
- Working out – I only did one insanity workout this week. I don’t know why I have been so tired all week, but I just did not have the energy. My running also suffered. I only got in two of my runs, and I had to really work hard to get them done. I did attempt the third run, but my legs were really hurting. I literally wanted to crawl in bed as soon as I got home from work every day.
- Sleeping – I did not get much sleep! Maybe this is why I was so tired. I failed miserably with getting enough sleep. I was up till close to midnight every night, and I got up at 5:45 every morning. Plus, work was very draining this week, so that made me even more exhausted! I was so tired that I left for work one morning and left my phone at home, and didn’t even realize it until Jeremy brought it to me a couple hours later!
- Scrapbooking – I have a scrapbook of all of the state tournaments that Jeremy has officiated. I am three tournaments behind. I got it all out last weekend, and got one page done. It has been taking up space on my kitchen table all week, and I had planned on finishing it. But, I didn’t even touch it!
- Having patience – I think it’s because I’ve been tired this week, but I have had absolutely no patience with anyone! Everything was getting on my nerves, and I did not do a very good job of hiding it! LOL I really do hate feeling like that.
So, those are five of my mess ups from this week. What mistakes did you make this week?