Sleeping and Running (Finally!!)

I think I am turning into a sloth.  Or maybe a hibernating bear.  I feel like all I have been doing is sleeping!  But, I guess it has helped because I think I’m finally on the way to being well, this stuff just hangs on for a while.   

Monday morning I woke up feeling much better than I did all last week and this past weekend.  I actually was up around 5:15, way before my alarm went off.  I usually wake up early, but I will lay in bed until my alarm rings.  But I was wide awake, so I got up.  I fixed some oatmeal and ate it while I read emails.  Then I got ready and headed to work.  For lunch I grabbed a Bear Naked protein bar. 

Sleeping and Running New Blog Post Run and Live Happy (3)

Around 2:30, I started feeling bad again.  But, this was an improvement from last week because I would barely make it an hour before I needed to lay back down.  I went home and was planning on going straight to bed.  But, Jeremy was taking Jake for a walk, so I decided to go.  I needed to be outside after being in bed for a week. 

Sleeping and Running New Blog Post Run and Live Happy (4)

The weather was warm, but the wind was blowing hard and it was chilly.  And by the time we got done with our walk, I was worn out.  I went inside and took a 3 hour nap.  I never take naps.  I hate sleeping in the day!  But, I needed it.  I got up and moved to the couch for awhile and then fixed some dinner.  I made Hamburger Helper.  Being sick has made me weird about food.  I am not a big fan of Hamburger Helper, but I keep some in the house because Jeremy likes it.  But, last night, it sounded really good.  So, I ate a little of that and went right back to bed for the night. 

I woke up again this morning before my alarm rang.  I didn’t get up though because I just wanted to keep sleeping.  I told myself last night that if I woke up super early this morning I would get up and run because I’ve been feeling good when I first wake up.  But, after working and being up all day, I don’t feel so good anymore.  I didn’t get up until my alarm went off, and I may have hit snooze a couple of times.

I had some yogurt and a banana for breakfast before going to work.  I didn’t have time for lunch, so I grabbed another Bear Naked protein bar to eat later in the afternoon. 

As soon as I got home, I hopped on the treadmill and ran 3 miles.   (This is what I saw when I put on my socks!  I’m so sad!) 

Sleeping and Running New Blog Post Run and Live Happy (2)

I wanted to run outside, but it is still cold, and the wind was blowing.  I was afraid to run in that since I’m still not 100 percent well yet.  Tomorrow I have 6 miles scheduled and it is supposed to be 57, so I can run outside then. 

It felt good to put on my running shoes. (LOL) My run was pretty easy, besides the annoying hacking coughing!  I thought my body would ache after being sick and not running for a week, but it felt really good to run!  I’m baaaaack!!!

When I got done I soaked in a hot bath!  Then I fixed some eggs and toast for dinner.

Sleeping and Running New Blog Post Run and Live Happy (1)

Now I’m back in bed catching up on the Bachelor since I slept through it Monday night. 

What did you do today?

Did you watch the Bachelor last night?

Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

2 thoughts on “Sleeping and Running (Finally!!)

  1. Heather @ Polyglot Jot

    Jealous of 57 degrees! 🙂 Glad you’re feeling better!! Its the worst when you just feel so achey and tired.

    1. Profile photo of Tara


      Well the weatherman lied! It was 19 when I got up this morning and now it’s not supposed to get above 45. Did you get a lot of snow? If it’s going to be this cold I wish it would snow!

Comments are closed.