I came across this questionnaire yesterday morning. Kathryn at Dancing to Running had these questions posted along with her answers. I think this is such a great way to get to know people! I used to love when my friends emailed those chain questionnaires. We had so much fun with those, and I thought this would be too. So, I thought it would be fun to post the questions and my answers. Feel free to take them and answer them as well. But, leave me a comment so I can come read them!
- Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
There’s no question about this one. I LOVE the beach, so for me, it would definitely be the beach. We go every year somewhere tropical, and I love taking long walks on the beach!
- If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
My favorite flavor of Gatorade is Lemon-Lime. And honestly, that’s about the only flavor that I really like.
- If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
I don’t know. There’s too much to choose from. I would love to have a $100 gift card. I would either buy some new Brooks shoes. You can never have too many pairs of running shoes! Or, I would buy some new running clothes.
- Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and fast you want to run?
I think I prefer a training plan. I know I run better when I am following a training plan and it gives me more motivation to get up and do it. But, when I’m not training, I will just wake up and decide if I want to go run. And then I will usually just run until I’m tired, and I think when I do that, I am running a lot of junk miles.
- Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start with the downhill and end on the uphill?
I would rather get the uphill over with so that way the rest of the run is easy. I hate when the uphill is at the end, because by that time I’m usually tired. There is a 10K course that I run in my town, and the entire course is relatively flat until the very end, and there is a three quarter mile steep hill. I hate it!
- When you can’t run, what type of cross training do you choose to do?
I like to go on long walks with my dog, or sometimes by myself and listen to a podcast. I also like to do pilates.
- What’s your preference – out and back or point to point or loop runs?
I don’t really care. The only thing I don’t like is when you have a loop and you have to go around it more than once. I hate having to pass the finish line and go around again! When I’m running at home, I usually do out and back, or a loop back to my house or car.
- If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a….?
A pair of shoes that fits correctly. This was my first mistake when I first started running. I just ran in any old pair that I had, and my legs and feet hurt so much!
- Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
I have started seeing lots of guineas, and lately I’ve been seeing this cat that looks like a miniature cougar. (I know it’s not wild, but it looks cool!)
- Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
No. I live in a small town, and I usually just run around my house, or my parent’s neighborhood. The only time I ever thought I was “lost” was when I was running a half marathon. The marathon runners also started with us, and somewhere during the course, they turned one way and we went the other way. There were no signs, so I worried for several miles that I had taken the wrong turn and was running the marathon.
- If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days, what would that be?
That’s a hard one. After I run long runs, I am always craving food that isn’t good for me. Usually it’s a cheeseburger. So, I know I don’t need to have that all the time, but since this is just for fun, I’m going to go with cheeseburger and pretend that there are no calories! (Realistically, I would probably like to have eggs, bacon, and toast waiting on me.)
- Capris or shorts….what do you run in most often?
I like shorts better. I run in those until it is absolutely too cold for them. But, I wear compression sleeves on my legs.
- At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
It usually takes me about a mile and a half to two miles before I am warmed up. Somewhere around the second mile, I feel like I am ready to go.
- What do you do with your key when you run?
Usually I run by my house, so I don’t have to carry a key. But, when I do run somewhere different, I tuck it into my arm band behind my phone.
- If you could relive any race you have done in the past, which one would it be?
It would be the Go Girl Half Marathon back in March of this year. This was my first half marathon, and I was so proud of myself. I had been nervous going into it because it was my first one, and my training the couple of weeks before had not gone very well. And, my leg was starting to bother me a little bit. But, I rocked it! I finished in 2:05, which I thought was pretty good for my first one. And, I didn’t have to stop and walk at all! I felt so good that day, and it was probably the best run I have ever had!
I had a lot of fun with this. I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. I would love to hear your answers!