I’m Losing My Patience 

Hi everyone! How’s your week going so far? Mine has already been pretty busy!  

I am awful though! I did not complete my Pile on the Miles challenge on Monday.  I really planned on a run, but I literally had no time!  I left my house at 7:15 am. I came home at 4:15 and left again at 4:30 and didn’t get home until 10:45 pm. But, my Fitbit said I had over 13,000 steps for the day! So I guess I got some walking in!

So what was I doing all day? Well I went to work, and then when I tried to get home at 3:30, they had my road completely shut down. I was trying to come home from the south, and they had one lane dug completely up, and the other lane blocked with a bulldozer.  

  I sat for several minutes and they wouldn’t move the bulldozer, so I turned around and went all the way around the detour to come in from the north. I was so annoyed because I could see my house! 

When I got to the other side, they had the road completely blocked off with orange cones. 

 I followed a truck around the cones, but once we were past them, there were three graters going up and down the road. The truck in front of me drove down in a ditch and across two yards to get to her house. I was too far from mine, and couldn’t do that in my car. So, I turned around and went all the way back around the detour and called Jeremy. He came down on the 4 wheeler and had them let me in!    

So, I spent 45 minutes trying to get to my house. I guess I shouldn’t complain because they are at least out there working on it.    

 But, I am seriously losing my patience with this road work. It wasn’t broken, so why are they “fixing”it?

I had planned on being home by 3:30 and fitting in a short run before we left to go to the basketball game that Jeremy was refereeing.  But, the road construction really messed up that plan! 

We left at 4:30 to go to the games.  The girls game was pretty boring.  Girls basketball in our area has gotten really bad! It was 7 to 9 at half time! And, it took forever because all they do is foul! The boys game was a little more exciting. They got pretty rough, and it was a one point game almost the whole game. 

 To be honest, I wasn’t that into either of the games. I was watching the cheerleaders. They were bad, and I mean really bad! One of them looked like she was ready to punch someone the whole time she was cheering. I was cracking up at her. I wanted to take her picture so I could show you, but I didn’t want anyone to see me taking it. She looked like she was so mad, she never smiled. Then there was another, the captain I’m assuming, and she kept counting off cheers – 5, 6, 7, 8. If the other girls didn’t cheer the exact way she wanted them too, she would stop them in the middle of it, tell all of them they’re doing it wrong, and make them start all over! It was quite a show!   

Once we got home, I was so tired and it was so late, so I ate some Cheerios and went straight to bed!   

I promised (you and myself) that I would eat better this week. So far, I have! Monday morning I had Dannon Strawberry Cheesecake yogurt.   

  Then I had a couple of turkey snack sticks for a mid morning snack. 

   For lunch, I tried a new chopped salad kit that I found at Walmart. It was really good!  

On the way to the basketball game I ate a package of honey roasted peanuts, and I tried a Bai5 coconut water.    
 I liked it! Then I had apple cinnamon cheerios for dinner and got to bed around midnight! 

Tuesday morning, the alarm went off way too early! I did not want to get up and I hit snooze a couple of times, which I never do. When I got up, my body felt really achy, especially in my back. I tried to stretch, but that didn’t really help. I thought maybe I needed to drink more water.   

Once I got up, I had my green tea to wake me up. I am still soda-free! It’s been since the first of August and I am happy to say that I have not even had a single drink of a pop since then. I feel so much better! Then I ate a granola bar for breakfast.     

  Lunch was the Dole chopped salad again.    
 I really like this salad. It has bacon, sunflower seeds, kale, carrots, cabbage, green onions, and romaine lettuce.     
 It also comes with a sweet onion and citrus dressing.  

  I really like the dressing; it reminds me of the sweet onion dressing at Subway.   

And yes, I’m eating in the car because we had to go put air in my brand new tires. The road construction is tearing up my car! I even lost a cap off my wheel. We had to order another one for $70!! I never go over 10 miles an hour on my road!!

After lunch, I fit in a quick walk. I was fighting a headache and nausea all afternoon.  I was starting to think that I might be getting sick. Bummer! 

I sat down for a little while, then I got ready for another basketball game. I was really wanting to stay home, but my best friend was going to be there and I haven’t seen her in a couple of weeks.  So I figured I could hopefully tough it out. 

On the way, I tried another Bai5 water. It is peach flavor.  It was a good too!  


On the way to the game, we saw something really random.  Or at least not something that you see everyday.  There were three helicopters flying in a line above us.  I could only get 2 in the picture because they were spaced too far apart.  

2015-11-10 17.03.46

We showed up at the game and the school had accidentally double booked referees. So, Jeremy decided to just watch instead of officiate it.  We stayed for all of the girls game and half of the boys game so I could visit with my friend!  

2015-11-10 20.35.13

When we got home, I went straight to the couch to lay down.  I couldn’t figure out if I was sick or hungry, or sick because I was hungry.  My stomach would growl, and then I would have a wave of nausea.  So, I decided to try to eat something.  I fixed some toast and then I went to bed.   

 I woke up Wednesday morning feeling much better and super hungry!  I had some yogurt and green tea for breakfast.  Then, since it was Veteran’s Day, I went to a ceremony honoring veterans and my papa was honored.  I was so proud to stand next to him!  (It’s an awful pic of me, the photographer caught me off guard!)

I'm losing my patience new blog post runandlivehappy (2)

He served in the US Army 61st Infantry Division and the Artillery Division.  He doesn’t usually want anyone to make a big deal about his service, but I asked him to go and I’m so glad he did!  

After that I had a sandwich from Subway for lunch, which I forgot to take a picture of.  I had a turkey sandwich with cheddar cheese, lettuce, spinach, bell peppers, and Subway vinaigrette.  It was really good!  

After lunch, I ran 2 miles.  

I'm losing my patience new blog post runandlivehappy (3)

I started out really good, but then my foot started hurting a little, so I quit hoping the pain would stop.  Then, I took Jake with me for a walk.

I'm losing my patience new blog post runandlivehappy (6)

We walked for an hour until he got tired.  

I'm losing my patience new blog post runandlivehappy (4)

The weather was absolutely perfect, and I think it’s supposed to get really cold soon, so I want to be outside as much as possible!  

I'm losing my patience new blog post runandlivehappy (5)

Then I came home and iced my leg immediately.  But now, my foot is really hurting so bad that I can hardly walk on it!    🙁  

I'm losing my patience new blog post runandlivehappy (7)

Then, for dinner I had a Lean Cuisine Chicken Parmesan.  I know you’re singing “Chicken Parm you taste so good” in your mind right now.  Or at least I hope I’m not the only weirdo singing that.  Thanks Peyton Manning!  I like Lean Cuisine, but I always put it on a plate instead of eating it out of the container.  It makes me feel like I’m eating a fancy dinner instead of a frozen one.  Try it sometime, it really makes a difference!  

I'm losing my patience new blog post runandlivehappy (1)

Now I am sitting on my couch watching Big Bang Theory and waiting for Law and Order SVU to come on.

2015-11-11 19.21.50 

What have you been doing this week?


Share this:Pin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook