- Divergent – This is my favorite book series ever! This series is by Veronica Roth. It is set in the future and the society is divided into five factions based on character traits. The main character takes the government test to determine what faction she should be a part of, and she is found to be Divergent, meaning that she doesn’t fit into just one. The entire series is about her trying to take down the government. It’s a great action story, and it also has a sweet romance in it as well. I was completely hooked on this book from the very beginning and had a really hard time putting it down. The series is made up of Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant. You can find it here.
- Matched Trilogy– This series is by Ally Condie. It is a dystopian society story. The main character is a young girl who the society has matched with her best possible mate. The mate turns out to be her best friend, which is completely unheard of. But, she figures out that he isn’t her real match, it’s someone else that she knows, and that the society is trying to cover up their mistake and keep her away from the one she is supposed to be with. The whole series is about her fighting for what she believes in, and standing up to the government. There is not any descriptive violence, and it makes you think about relationships and control. It has a great coming-of-age story line, and teaches readers to stand up for themselves. The series is made up of Matched, Crossed, and Reached. You can find this trilogy here.
- Delirium – This series is by Lauren Oliver. This story is set in a dystopian society where love is forbidden. The government believes that love is a disease and forces everyone to get cured. The main character does not want the cure and fights the government to show everyone what they are doing. There is a lot of action in this story. Of course there is a love story, since the whole plot is about forbidden love. This series is a nail bitter, you never knew what was going to happen! This trilogy is made up of Delirium, Pandemonium, and Requiem. It also has novellas in between each main book. They are written from the perspective of one of the characters and shed some light into what all is going on. You can find this series here.
- Fallen Series – This series is about angels and demons. I am not usually a fan of this type of genre, but a friend kept pushing me to read this. I’m glad I finally listened, because I loved it! It’s a love story that has been going on for 5,000 years. The characters are supposed to be together, but Luce doesn’t know it. Daniel has followed her through time to keep her safe and be with her. She doesn’t know why she is drawn to him, and she never has any memory of her life before. It’s a passionate love story and the series is addictive! The books in this series are: Fallen, Torment, Passion, Fallen in Love, Rapture, Unforgiven. You can find the complete set here.
- Hunger Games – This is the first series that I have seen where the movie completely follows the book. The movie was straight out of the book, which I loved because the books were amazing! This series is by Suzanne Collins. It was set in a post-apocalyptic country that is divided into 12 districts. Each district must send one boy and one girl to fight to the death. Katniss goes in place of her sister and is able to survive. After the first Hunger Games, there is a rebellion, and Katniss is the head of it. When everything around her is destroyed by the government, she is still determined to survive and save the ones she loves. In the process, she fights the government to save everyone. The books in this triology are The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. You can find this trilogy here.
- Slated – This is a trilogy written by Teri Terry. The main character, Kyla has been slated. The government says she was a terrorist, and they have erased her memory to give her a second chance. But, she starts remembering things, and she has to figure out who to trust, and if she can trust herself. She becomes desperate to fill in the gaps in her memories and to figure out who she really is. The more she sees, the more she wants to find out and fight back. Her journey to find the truth is filled with plot twists that keep you hooked. There is a little romance, but the main story is about finding the truth. I read this whole trilogy in two days! It was that good that I could not put it down. The books in this trilogy are Slated, Shattered, and Fractured. Find this trilogy here.
What are your favorite books?