My top 5 favorite things – I decided to make a list of the top 5 things in my life that I enjoy the most. Here it is:
- Pinterest – I am so addicted to Pinterest. I will spend hours on here just browsing for anything that looks interesting. I have found so many good tips for baking, cleaning, and just life. I love all the motivational quotes. I also have found tons of recipes, and it has made preparing healthy meals easier. Plus, it makes meal planning easier so I can try new things. I can just tell my husband to look at my boards and pick something out! I also love all the workouts that I find. It’s fun to try something new so I don’t get bored. Pinterest helps me to be more creative. I love doing crafty things, but I can’t come up with things on my own.
- Kindle App – I love to read! But I hate carrying a book around with me. I really like that I can read on my phone, so I always have it with me. When I get into a book, I will read anywhere I am. It’s just so convenient to have on my phone. I can read when I’m traveling, or at ballgames (I get bored), or just laying in bed. And a bonus is that I can borrow EBooks from my public library and read them in the Kindle App.
- Fitbit – This is the greatest thing ever invented! My aunt got me a Fitbit One a couple of years ago. I love it! This helps keep me active. If I look at it during the day, and I don’t have many steps then I know I need to get up and do something. Plus, I love the challenges that you can do with friends, and I love the leader board. I am very competitive, so if I’m not at the top of my friend list, then I will go walking or running to try and get more steps in. Another feature that I like is that it tracks my sleep. This helps me to see how many hours I actually get each night. And, it connects to My Fitness Pal app, so that steps factor into my calorie count each day. It’s also handy that it is water resistant. My old one has actually been through the washer, and it worked just fine afterwards. Lately, I have been seeing a lot of people with the Fitbit bracelet. I don’t like to wear bracelets, so I really like my One so I can clip it on anywhere. I like how this syncs with my phone, so I can always keep track of my steps and go back and look at what I did on certain days. Fitbit also sends a weekly progress report and I like to be able to see if I had more steps or less than the week before.
- Running shoes – This is a given. When I started running, I just ran in any kind of tennis shoes I had. When I got more serious about it, I went and got fitted for good shoes. I have been running in Brooks ever since, and I LOVE them. They make my runs so much easier, and they are so comfortable. I never feel like I have to break them in. They always fit perfectly. I wear the Brooks Ravenna. I need the extra support and cushion that they provide. I also like that they come in all different colors. I have tried a couple of other brands, mainly because they were a little cheaper, or because a friend recommended them, but I have never found any that fit as good as Brooks. I am very loyal to the brand, and I will always wear Brooks. Run Happy!
- Hair dryer – This one is probably silly, but it’s a big deal to me! I am not a morning person, so it takes me a long time to get ready anyways. I am just very slow when I first wake up. I used to use hair dryers from Wal-Mart and it would take me at least 30 minutes to dry my hair. I have a ton of hair! So I would have to get up 30-45 minutes earlier than I do now, just so I would have time to dry my hair. Then a few years ago, Jeremy got tired of me griping about how long it took, and he had my hairdresser order me a good hair dryer. She got me a Rusk Speed Freak hair dryer. It dries my hair in 10 minutes or less! This is a HUGE improvement! Now I can sleep a little later, and I don’t dread having to dry my hair anymore. This was one of the best gifts I ever got!
What are your favorite things?